The Professional Falconers Association Code of Ethics
All members, regardless of class, must abide by the following Code of Ethics.
- I will strive to follow all laws and regulations pertaining to State and Federal Special Use Permits, i.e., Falconry Education, Abatement and Propagation.
- I adhere to a professional code of conduct that embodies the traits of honesty, sincerity and dedication.
- I will show outstandingly high levels of concern and respect for birds of prey, people, property and wildlife.
- I will promote the understanding and appreciation of the many values of professional falconry, whether it be propagation, education or abatement.
- I acknowledge that the Professional Falconers Association supports sound, knowledge-based raptor husbandry principles in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- I will be sensitive to the various viewpoints of raptor care and husbandry. I will provide expertise on birds of prey to my clientele upon request, within the limits of my experience, ability and legal authority.
- I will promote competence and present an image worthy of professional falconry by supporting high standards of education, employment and performance.
- I will strive to broaden my knowledge, skills and abilities to advance the practice of professional falconry.
- I will, in good faith, select new or time proven methods for training, care and enrichment; giving ample consideration to the health and welfare of the raptors in my care.
- I will accept that lethal control methods may be taught and employed, such as hunting and trapping, in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- I will treat my competition and clientele in a courteous manner and in accordance with honorable business practices.
- I will encourage, through word and through deed, all professional falconers to adhere to this code and to participate in the Professional Falconers Association.